Updated on November 9, 2021
Grapa Varieties is hiring an IP Enforcement Manager
If you are a highly self-motivated individual who would like to work with a professional and dedicated team, in a dynamic and developing business, we invite you to come work with us!
Grapa Varieties is a family business that breeds and commercializes new table grape varieties internationally. We are heavily invested in agricultural research, and protect the fruit of our efforts through intellectual property rights. We are looking for an Intellectual Property (IP) Enforcement Manager to join our legal team, and manage the protection of our IP rights.
- Support and assist with IP enforcement matters (including tracking IP enforcement matters, drafting and handling cease & desist letters, handling online takedown activities etc.).
- Monitoring potential IP infringement and legal action to counter infringement.
- Implementation of company goals, policy and priorities in IP enforcement strategy, decision making and budgeting.
- Reporting internal and external related issues that could impact the business.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Legal background and advanced understanding of the legal concepts, terminology, principles and procedures relating to IP enforcement.
- Excellent written and spoken English at mother-tongue level. Additional language(s) an advantage.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proactive and takes initiative; focused on continuous improvement.
- Excellent time management skills; demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, while juggling multiple priorities.
- Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; solution oriented; strong project management skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; collaborative and able to work well with wide range of people; highest standards of performance.